Infection Prevention and Control – Healthcare
This course has been designed for Healthcare Employees
If pays particular attention to Covid – 19
- Understand what the area of Infection Control means and its importance for every employee
- Have a better understanding of the basic principles of infection control and be able to apply standard precautions in relation to infection control
- Be aware of the importance of infection prevention and control in providing a safe environment for clients
- Understand the chain of infection
- Understand their own role in the prevention of the spread of infection.
- Healthcare waste management
- Needle stick injury
- Health management in a healthcare setting
Who should do this course?
Suitable for all workers
What will you learn on this course?
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how infection spreads
- Understand the need for protection of vulnerable groups
- Be able to break the chain of infection
- Understand the use of PPE
- Understand the requirement for social isolation
How does it work?
You complete each module. You will take part in an assessment process at the end of each module which consists of 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know if you have passed. If you don’t pass, don’t worry, you can take the course as many times as you need to with no extra charge.
It is important that employers monitor worker performance in the workplace.